Ten University of Georgia staff members have been selected to participate in the second cohort of the Women’s Staff Leadership Institute. Launched in 2017, the WSLI is an annual program aligned with the Women’s Leadership Initiative launched in 2015 by President Jere W. Morehead and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Pamela Whitten.
The program is administered through the Office of Human Resources’ Training and Development with the support of executive sponsor Jennifer L. Frum, vice president for public service and outreach. Allie Cox, director of training and development, coordinates the institute.
“Developing the talents of our staff members and supporting women leaders at UGA strengthens the university as a whole,” said Frum. “When individuals grow their leadership abilities and make their fullest contributions in their careers here, we are better able to fulfill the mission of the university and serve the citizens of Georgia.”
Members of the 2018 class are:
- Angela Birkes, the alliance director for the Peach State Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation in the Office of Institutional Diversity
- Marti Brick, the director of external affairs at the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Maria de Rocher, assistant director of the Honors Program
- Kara Fresk, director of learning and strategic initiatives in the Division of Student Affairs
- Shannon Hinson, associate director of admissions and director of dual degree programs in the School of Law
- Meg Mittelstadt, assistant director for faculty development and recognition in the Center for Teaching and Learning
- Lindsey Van Note, senior director for human resources strategic management and special projects in the Office of Human Resources
- Nakia Wade, human resources senior manager in the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences
- Kristy Walker, associate director for business and human resources in University Housing
- Jana Wiggins, director of communications for the Carl Vinson Institute of Government, a public service and outreach unit