Thanks to UGA Faculty and Staff
May 08, 2019
by Jere W. Morehead, President
The achievements of the University of Georgia over the past academic year have been
Working together, we:
- Surpassed our campaign fundraising goal of $1.2 billion—16 months ahead of schedule.
- Reached our goal of creating 400 new scholarships for students with financial need—a year earlier than expected.
- Increased salaries across campus for the sixth year in a row, and for the eighth consecutive year increased our minimum hiring rate for benefits-eligible staff.
- Advanced several key construction projects, including the I-STEM Research Building, the final phase of the Business Learning Community, and Brumby Hall.
- Achieved our highest ranking ever on U.S. News & World Report’s list of the best public universities in the country.
- Launched the second phase of the New Approaches to Diversity Grant Program, building on the success of phase one which supported 21 promising initiatives.
- Introduced Georgia Possible, a new pilot program focused on leadership development and college readiness for Clarke County School District high school students.
These accomplishments, and so many others, were made possible by the hard work of faculty and staff and their dedication to this institution. Thank you!
I wish all of our faculty and staff a productive summer as we continue our efforts to expand the impact of this great university throughout the state of Georgia, across the nation, and around the world. With outstanding faculty, staff, and students leading the way, no achievement is beyond our reach.