Stronger Than Ever, Thanks to You
May 12, 2022
by Jere W. Morehead, President
I want to express my deepest thanks to UGA’s exceptional faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends for making the 2021–2022 academic year one of our very best ever. Throughout every corner of our campus and across every aspect of our teaching, research, and service missions, you advanced the University of Georgia to record milestones.
Here are just a few of the achievements that we secured together this year:
- A top 20 spot in U.S. News & World Report’s list of America’s best public universities for the sixth consecutive year.
- All-time highs for four-year and six-year student completion rates.
- A record number of applications for admission to our world-class learning environment.
- A successful on-site visit from SACSCOC, our regional accreditor, as part of the University’s 10-year reaffirmation of accreditation.
- Newly endowed faculty positions to advance research in precision agriculture, brain and behavioral health, and other vital areas.
- A #2 national ranking for the number of products brought to market from our research enterprise.
- New and enhanced facilities for STEM research and education, innovation, and athletics.
- A record $7.4 billion economic impact on the state of Georgia.
- Last but not least, a national championship in football—UGA’s first in 41 years.
The University of Georgia is stronger than ever, and our future has never been brighter, thanks to the dedication of the UGA community. I am grateful for your unwavering efforts to make our state and world a better place, and I wish you all the best for a productive, rejuvenating summer.